I’ve finished my degree and sent off very last Stag. So it seems only fair to round up everything I’ve learnt in the past 3 years (hint: very little of it came from my course at all).
- 9 times out of 10, whatever that person said, was not meant to offend. Being offended often says more about you than it does about the person that said it.
- It’s easy to be idealistic if you’re rich.
- All the good things should be internalised forever. The rest is debris.
- Dominos should never be consumed more than once in a week. Your bank balance will not thank you.
- Everyone will let you down. Even the people you thought never could.
- Either hold a grudge, and never speak to that person again, or let it go.
- If you say you forgive someone, you have to mean it. You have to forget what they did.
- Some people do not deserve your forgiveness.
- I will never, ever be a size 10 and it only matters if I think it does.
- Praise isn’t given enough. Know your own worth.
- There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.
- The last person in the room clapping for you every time, the person who always has your back…they’re the one. The rest don’t matter.
- 5 friends (or 4, or 3, or 2 or 1) that you can call at 5am and sob to are worth more than 500 who you can’t.
- The ones to let into your heart are the ones who’ve seen your worst and love you anyway.
- You will always think more on the things you have said/done than anyone one else will do.
- The longer you leave something you’re frightened of, the worse it will be.
- The smartest people I know never got good grades. Intelligence isn’t a fucking number.
- Pick yourself up and pick your friends up.
- When someone impresses you, tell them.
- So what if you behave badly sometimes? No one gets it right 100% of the time.
- Surround yourself with good people.
- Having a good, kind heart is worth more than any other thing in this world and anyone who tells you differently is wrong.